Salon & Sales Assistant (Durbanville, Cape Town)
Mélan’s Skincare & Beauty Studio in Durbanville (Cape Town) is looking for a professional Salon & Sales Assistant to join its team. We are a character-filled, boutique beauty salon with three treatment rooms and our own natural, vegan-friendly skincare range – Mélan Skincare. With a long-standing and loyal customer base, we specialise in non-invasive beauty treatments, such as micro-current and LED light therapy, as an alternative to treatments like Botox, fillers and threading.
The candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and professional administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our Beauty Studio and skincare sales.
- Welcome clients to the beauty salon and provide friendly, efficient and courteous service at all times
- Answer the telephone and monitor email, website and social media queries
- Make and confirm bookings using salon software (Salon Bridge)
- Explain various beauty treatments to clients and promote sales of Mélan Skincare products
- Accept payments (cash, card and Snapscan) and conduct a daily cash-up
- Prepare, package and send online customer and stockist orders via courier
- Manage weekly and monthly rosters of beauty therapists
- Ensure the salon software database is updated and maintained with correct client information at all times
- Manage cleanliness of the salon and neatness of the therapists
- Maintain and manage supplies for the salon, including treatment rooms, kitchen, bathroom and front desk
- Receive deliveries and order products from suppliers
- Conduct a stock take on the last day of the month
- Matric qualification with a tertiary diploma in business administration, beauty therapy or similar
- 3 years’ industry experience working in a beauty salon or spa
- Excellent computer proficiency, including working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Sage Pastel, salon software (preferably Salon Bridge) and responding to online queries on Gmail, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp
- Well groomed, reliable, trustworthy, punctual and willing to go the extra mile for clients and fellow colleagues
- Excellent people skills and customer service. Must be professional and presentable at all times
- Excellent attention to detail, financial accuracy , ability to multitask, stay calm under pressure and to problem solve
To apply, email CV with three contactable references to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2024. If you do not receive feedback within two weeks after the deadline date, please consider your application unsuccessful.